Tuesday 3 November 2015

Client Brief and My Brief

Unit 78 - Digital Graphics for Computer Games
Games Design L3
Start: 03/11/2015
End: 10/11/2015
Morten Holland
Teacher: Josh Rai
Client Brief: 
Create a platform game of your choice. Come up with your own design brief, it should have at least 5 levels or rooms and one main character and several monsters to avoid.


My Brief
My brief is to create a 2 dimensional platform game with 5 different levels, with a pixel value of 32 by 32. I  must create all the assets for the game such as sprites, objects, backgrounds audio files, etc.
I then have to create concept art ideas for that game that are imaginative and creative. The game will be made for PC and mobile devices.

My game will be an action adventure and will include features such as a currency which the player can collect, animations when running and audio files for when the player's character dies and when enemies die. There will also be a message that will appear when the player dies, or when they advance to the next level.

Artistic Style
The artistic style for my game will be abstract. The character will be blue and the background will be white/grey with a square pattern on the wall.

Plot
 The character wakes up in a white room, not remembering a thing. The player will guide the character through levels and slowly uncover why he is there and if he will ever get out, through messages received after each level.

Audience
 The target audience for my game will be males aged 10+ due to the difficulty of the game as it will progress.

Legal and Ethical Considerations
Make sure to copyright the name of the game, the logo, characters, sounds and audio. I will make sure my game does not portray any gender, race or nationality negatively.

Inspiration
The game 'Portal' is very similar to what i want my game to look like. The rooms in portal are what I want my game rooms to look like. White, black and grey walls, with colourful platforms, doors and objects.




Here are some hats too that i was thinking of adding to the character after each level:


Here is the sprite I'm going to use:


No comments:

Post a Comment